NYAIR Episode 71 –Family Philanthropy in the 21st Century
A whopping $68 trillion is expected to transfer between generations within the next decade and philanthropy is expected to comprise a significant portion of that transfer. Join the New York Alternative Investment Roundtable for a panel focused on the changing nature of philanthropy and the importance of inter-generational philanthropy.
Panelists Pierre duPont, a Partner at financial advisory firm Cerity Partners; Kenneth J. Blum, Senior Vice President at consulting firm Kramer, Blum & Associates; and Randi A. Schuster, a Principal at Baker Tilly, discuss various aspect of philanthropy -from tax benefits, to the unique and changing ways that the newly wealthy are approaching giving.
The conversation is facilitated by Jennie Sparandara, Head of Programs and Global Philanthropy for JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Topic covered will include:
- How COVID-19 has impacted philanthropy
- The impact of changing tax landscapes on giving
- Multi-generational giving and the importance of instilling philanthropy within family
- Tactics to launch and sustain meaningful and effective charitable initiatives
- How to give a voice to family members across generations
- The importance of including an accountant, an attorney and a financial advisor in philanthropy efforts