Listen to a thorough review of the new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act related to meals, entertainment and employee awards, including practical examples and additional insight.
- Changes to the meals and entertainment provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Application of the new provisions, such as:
- If our company sponsors a golf outing, which is attended by several employees, how should we be coding the different expenses?
- When we send our agents on an incentive trip for meeting certain criteria, is this considered nondeductible entertainment?
- Our company covers select meals for employees under different circumstances, but how has the deductibility of those expenses changed under the new tax provisions?
- Is it considered taxable that our company supplies activity trackers to all employees as part of our wellness program?
- Suggested changes or updates to company policies and procedures to account for the new provisions