Join the Sustainability Investment Leadership Council on April 11th from 6PM-8PM for a virtual panel discussion examining how to reveal the hidden value of sustainability through data driven reporting. Daniel Aronson and panelists, Shaheen Contractor and Ulrich Atz, will examine this topic in complete depth.
Please register here via eventbrite to secure a ticket.
Daniel Aronson is the creator of the Value of ValuesTM Model, which specializes in creating value through sustainability and responsibility. Daniel has helped his clients identify and quantify over $2 billion in sustainability-driven business value.
He coined the term “submerged value” and is the author of the book The Value of Values (forthcoming). He is also the creator of Impacts ScienceTM, True Plastic ImpactTM, 4D MaterialityTM, and Customers ScienceTM.
Daniel has guest lectured at Harvard Business School and MIT Sloan’s Sustainability Lab and has written or been featured in over 100 articles and publications.
Over his career, Daniel has:
- Created tools that, for example, make it possible to set science-based carbon targets in hours instead of months, perform a better materiality analysis in half the time, and identify and value submerged risks
- Developed Impacts Science, which enables companies to assess their full impact – not just financial but also the impact of their products, operations, and purpose
- Created the first, most comprehensive full impact measure for plastic, True Plastic Impact
- Developed Customers Science and the InVESTTM model, which together quantify the effect of sustainability and responsibility on customer choice and revenue
- Conducted the first research that examined which sustainable value chain practices actually work
- Quantified for the first time the effect of sustainability leadership on innovation
- Daniel holds an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management, and a BA with High Honors from UC Berkeley.
Shaheen Contractor, CFA, is an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Research Analyst for Bloomberg Intelligence, a platform that provides research on industries, companies, government, litigation and the economy, available on the Bloomberg Professional Services at BI. Her research efforts include analyzing ESG performance, drivers and challenges for ESG funds, material ESG risks and opportunities across sectors and the impacts of a low carbon transition.
Mrs. Contractor has a Master of Science degree in Sustainability Management from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Symbiosis International University.
Ulrich Atz is a Research Fellow at the Center for Sustainable Business and part of the NYU Stern Doctoral Program in Accounting. In his prior role as Associate Researcher, he provided quantitative expertise and co-authored the article on the Return on Sustainability Investment (honored with a “best paper” award). His research interests cover sustainability disclosures and ESG information, financial and business innovation, and statistical methods for interpreting data.